Monday, February 23, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I was happy Slumdog Millionaire won so many Academy Awards including Best Picture. I think one of the reasons I loved this show so much was it restored a good feeling back to the Oscars. All the films that have won in the past while have been great films but they were so dark and this movie has more of a feel good mood to it.
It also means so much more to me now that I have seen poverty first hand, it makes it so real.
They plucked poor children they found in Mumbai to act in it. They were all at the Oscars and the excitement that showed on their faces was so genuine it was enough to make you teary eyed.
It was so refreshing to see these real people from India who have seen hard times and lived hard lives beating out a bunch of pampered spoiled millionaires. I loved it!

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

I didn't watch it but I can say that I agree with you! I haven't seen it but have heard that it is good. Glad you guys are having so much fun!

Nells-Bells said...

dan and i saw this last weekend and loved it! i too was so happy to see they won. and kate winslet! the reader is not great...but she is!

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing movie!!! It makes you so greatful for what you have!


Playoffs!!!

The fountains in Vegas

We went to Las Vegas over Spring Break and we saw a wax sculpture of Whoopi she was making us laugh. ( thats my friend Brittany)

what would we do without sisters

adam and Joelle she is so fun

Me and Adam in Puerto Rico last summer

we love our gram!

Adam taught me to golf last summer

We like to go camping in the summer, I cant wait til it finally gets warm enough to go some more

At the Jazz game

Team Tres Hermanas will reunite this June

Wayne and Garth: Halloween 2006