Sunday, February 15, 2009

Top ten things I have noticed about living in Thaialnd

10. All the girls dress the exact same (really tight spandex pants and high heels) and they have the same mullet haircut. That includes the boys too.
9.They spend so much time in front of the mirror, every time I am in a public bathroom I can't even get to the sink there are girls (and sometimes transvestites) primping taking up all the space, so sometimes I give up and use hand sanitizer.
8. They walk really slow right in front of you, or maybe that is just because it's so crowded you have to walk slow.
7. All the girls hold hands with each other in a best friend sort of way.
6. They have a staring problem, like they have never seen a white person. I sometimes just wave at them and say hi. Sometimes I will be eating and the person next to me will be staring right at me.
5. The waiters watch you eat, and before you order they just stand there while you are deciding. They don't seem to get it when I say" just one minute" They just smile and keep standing there so I sometimes order something I don't want just out of anxiousness.
4. They don't know how to form a line. Here I am waiting patiently and i get pushed and shoved and never get my turn. I was in the womens bathroom and I was getting very impatient I was giving some people a piece of my mind. I noticed I am a lot more brave when I am getting mad at someone who doesn't understand me.
3. The driving is like nothing anyone from America is used to. Their motto is lets see how close we can come to getting our selves killed today.
2. The ward we go to is our favorite ward we have ever been in. They are all so excited about church, and there are so many different people from different places, it's so fun to get to know all of them.
1. I think if I never have a bowl of rice again it will be too soon.

6 comments:

Kip & Alisha said...

That was hilarious! :) Especially the motto about being killed.. Looks like you are having fun!

Jaime said...

good times you're having. Very funny.

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

That is pretty...true. The driving was the same in Chile. When I first got there, I thought I would never make it to the hostile. Oh man. But the English teaching sounds good. Do you go by yourself? Do you get paid?

Christensen Family said...

It definitely is a different culture. It would take some getting used to and I'm glad that you are adjusting to it!

mitch & morag said...

It sounds like you should just stay out of the bathrooms period...but wait, that would be awkward.

Nells-Bells said...

love this! too true. my favorites are the trannies. they are killer! i got so sick when driving over there. the cabbies are crazy!!! the menthol addiction over there is crazy too...have you noticed that?


Playoffs!!!

The fountains in Vegas

We went to Las Vegas over Spring Break and we saw a wax sculpture of Whoopi she was making us laugh. ( thats my friend Brittany)

what would we do without sisters

adam and Joelle she is so fun

Me and Adam in Puerto Rico last summer

we love our gram!

Adam taught me to golf last summer

We like to go camping in the summer, I cant wait til it finally gets warm enough to go some more

At the Jazz game

Team Tres Hermanas will reunite this June

Wayne and Garth: Halloween 2006