Monday, January 5, 2009

The day of the Wats

A tuk tuk driver took us to alot of Wats today (that means Buddhist temples) you have to take your shoes off out of respect so my feet are really dirty. People here like to be bare foot. I however am not such a fan I could just feel all the crumbs and dirt as I walked.

This is Adam drinking a coconut while we are at the Marble Temple.
We climbed many many stairs to get to the top of this one called the Golden Mount it has a great view of Bangkok.
Here is the pool at our Apartment, and behind it is where they give massages.

At the top of this is our Apt. we are moving in on the 6th. We are excited to get things settled. The balcony is so nice, its a great deal much better than all the ones we looked at.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Wow that apt looks great. have hotels been expensive or is everything cheap? It looks like you guys are having a ball with all the different things to see. I'm a little jealous. We just got back from Twin last night. I was alittle grumpy I think I'm traveled out and there were 20 people in a really small house, the size of Holli's without the basement, probably a little smaller. And 8 of the children were 6 and younger. But it was good to see everyone. I'm glad to be home and begin our routine again. love ya and miss ya

Nells-Bells said...

we have been to all those wats! the one with all the stairs we didn't get to until at night. but it was cool to look out over the city. does it still have those bells at the top, that you can ring? many monks were chanting the day we were there.
your apartment looks awesome! can't wait to see more pics.

Taylor said...

wow that will be a nice apartament! its a good thing youre not going to be in a nasty one that would probably make it not as enjoyable.

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

Holy Crapper, it looks awesome there! Lucky that you get to be there in the summer time so you can get away from all the snow. Well it looks like you are having a blast, and I have to agree with Jaime, I am a little jealous!

Kami said...

Porter would love to go everywhere without shoes...He does it all the time in the summer and I get mad because his feet are gross (I mean grosser than they already are ;)

Christensen Family said...

The apartment looks good. So excited for you guys. I would hate walking barefoot too. Onni is using the Wii remote thing as a phone and is "talking" to you. She keeps telling me that she is talking to Brittany. They miss you guys.


Playoffs!!!

The fountains in Vegas

We went to Las Vegas over Spring Break and we saw a wax sculpture of Whoopi she was making us laugh. ( thats my friend Brittany)

what would we do without sisters

adam and Joelle she is so fun

Me and Adam in Puerto Rico last summer

we love our gram!

Adam taught me to golf last summer

We like to go camping in the summer, I cant wait til it finally gets warm enough to go some more

At the Jazz game

Team Tres Hermanas will reunite this June

Wayne and Garth: Halloween 2006