Monday, January 19, 2009

Trip to Cambodia

Here are some of pictures of our trip back to Adams mission. It was so fun to meet all of his mission friends. I couldn't believe how poor everyone is. And how they live everyday. It was a real eye opener and made me feel so grateful I am American.
I felt like a celebrity there, except without the perks of being gorgeous and having alot of money, but they stare at you so much and don't stop staring. And let me tell you if you are ever having a low self esteem go to Cambodia they will tell you you are beautiful even if you don't do your hair, have massive amount of zits from the climate change, and are sun burned. They were always telling me how beautiful I was. Adam was told he was handsome as well.
There was some crazy stuff too, if they have a mole on their face they never trim the hair on it. It is like good luck! And at restaraunts the waitresses watch you eat they just stand around and watch in case you need anything.
We had so much fun. Although I could never live there, it's crazy how nice it was to come back to Bangkok, it felt like home coming back to our apt.

7 comments:

Charlotte and Nate Braithwaite said...

Oh my word, I cannot believe some of those pictures. Namely the pigs in a barrel, the garbage, and also the babies on scooters. Holy Cow! It is amazing how different our cultures are. Well it looks like you guys are having a blast, does Adam ever go to school? Just kidding, its just that all the pictures I see you guys are vacationing.

Merrells said...

It is so crazy to leave the US and really see how much we have isn't it? I remember one night when we were in Brazil, I just started crying when we finally got back to our hotel because I was so sad for these people. It's a very humbling experience.

Kami said...

holy crap! i just got all caught up on your blog...it had been a while. I love love love your pictures and i'm so glad you guys are keeping us updated. you guys are so adventurous and it would be so fun to be there with you! miss you!!!!

Jackson & Celeste said...

Hey Guys!

It looks awesome over there. Keep the pics coming.

Hope all is well. Adam, I haven't played ping-pong since December. I'll await your return before I play again, that way when I crush you you won't have any excuses.

Miss y'all. Keep it real!

Isaac said...

how do you write so much,from isaac

Isaac said...

check out my blog it is called www.isaacreed.blog spot

Christensen Family said...

I''m sure that was so fun to go back to the mish for Adam. That must have been nice to be told how beautiful you were especially when you don't feel that way. But of course you guys are! Being in a third world country would be a big eye opener. What a neat experience for you two!


Playoffs!!!

The fountains in Vegas

We went to Las Vegas over Spring Break and we saw a wax sculpture of Whoopi she was making us laugh. ( thats my friend Brittany)

what would we do without sisters

adam and Joelle she is so fun

Me and Adam in Puerto Rico last summer

we love our gram!

Adam taught me to golf last summer

We like to go camping in the summer, I cant wait til it finally gets warm enough to go some more

At the Jazz game

Team Tres Hermanas will reunite this June

Wayne and Garth: Halloween 2006